We understand the challenges that startups face; access to basic contracts shouldn’t be one of them. With this in mind, we’re pleased to announce the newest addition to our template library, the Startup Legal Bundle.
What Is The Startup Legal Bundle?
The Startup Legal Bundle is a free collection of contract templates commonly used by startups, young businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs. The templates can be easily filled in, edited and signed from your smartphone or tablet.
The Bundle includes the following documents:
- Founder Accord – This document has a version for 2 founders and one for 3 founders. Use these document to lay out what the business idea is, establish who the company founders are, what they roles in the company will be, and what their ownership stakes are.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement – Use a NDA to protect trade secrets, intellectual property and proprietary information.
- Funding Documents – Startup incubator 500 Startups created these documents and designed them to be easy to understand but comprehensive. There is a template for raising funds through convertible debt and one for raising funds through issuing convertible equity.
- Freelance and Consulting Agreements – Use these forms with independent contractors. We’ve included versions for working with graphic designers, software developers, and general business consultants.
- Offer Letter – Use this template when you want to hire someone for full-time employment. This offer letter was drafted by law firm Gunderson Dettmer.
How To Get The Startup Bundle
If you’re already a Shake user, congrats, the Startup Bundle is already in your account! If you don’t have a Shake account yet, sign up for one and the startup documents will be waiting for you when you open the Shake app.
If you have any problems or questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any suggestions or requests for other template types you would like to see added to Shake, please let us know.
You can view the full list of available Shake templates here.
As always, Shake templates may not be suited to your specific needs. Consult a licensed attorney in your area for questions particular to your situation.